Sunday 7 December 2008

Prognosis continues to be good

For the first time in a few days I can look at the computer screen without it being to bright for me eyes.  I am wearing sunglasses.

I've had some fairly rough days where my eyes hurt and I couldn't sleep - a combination I highly recommend to any seeking insanity!  Eventually I worked out that it wasn't my eye hurting so much as my eye-lid.   At this point - about 7am sunday -I started to use  lots of lubricating ointment (mainly poly visc, also some lacri-lube and I rinsed the eye with refresh tears plus) which has helped with comfort considerably.  Today my Dr also has said I can reduce some eye drops that were stinging my eyes.

I don't really know what caused this pain.  Posibly scratching fro mthe stitches.  I have been finding very hard and sometimes sharp gluck - possibly dried mucus - on my eyelids.  Also the top surfaxe of the donar corneas is supposed to come off and bereplaced by a layer that my body is growing.  I guess possibly some of this layer may have come off bits that dug into my eyelid?   Probably myt best guess woudl be thatthe eyelid got scrapped during surgery, and then was further irritated by the eye drops and blinking and moving of my eye while it was shut..  It did hurt the first time I put medicine in, though it wasn't till the 2nd time and more that the pain really remained for a long time.

Anyway it isn't a very big deal.  After having my eye checked today was told that everything basically looks in good shape.   I don't think the long term prospects of me eye has been influenced at all my this little scrape on my eyelid.   A little pain never hurt anyone!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.