Tuesday 30 December 2008

3 weeks and 5 days after operation

I saw my optometrist today. Apparently my astigmatism is down to about 2.0 diopters, and glasses should be able to correct this to 20/20 vision "or close". This is good news especially as I am booked into see the surgeon again, and it's likely that he will have another go at adjusting the stitches to reduce the astigmatism - so I figure its very likely I will end up with 20/20 vision with glasses. Anyway something close to 20/20 vision would be pretty good too!

The main impediment for me seeing right now is the excess fluid inside the cornea, but this is decreasing and there is no doubt it will sort itself out over a few more weeks.

My eyes are still very sensitive, so much so that driving isn't really on and spending much outdoors in sunlight isn't pleasant; though for weeks I have been able to manage the 5 minute or less walk down to the local shops in the sunlight when I need to. Walking can be done while looking downwards which is much easier to do then looking level or up.

My eyes look fine, if anything the eye that wasn't operated on and which isn't getting the strong drugs is the most red!

I am hoping that I will be able to return to work next week, but we will see.

1 comment:

pao said...

Hi,

Out in daylight is a curse for post op, I found a cricket hat (mainly due to to the wide brim and being dark underneath) and sunglasses helped tremendously.

Paul