Wednesday 1 September 2010

2.5 months later

I saw my surgeon again 2.5 months after the latest attempt at a cornea graft.   My eye continues to show much better signs then it did last time at this point and there is no reason to think that everything isn't going to plan.

Dr Maloof said he had never had to redo a graft like this before and he couldn't altogether explain why it hadn't worked last time and now seemed to be working. As well as the ring of sticthes he did say he had addded a few more to help prevent the graft from moving.

Strangely without glasses I actually cannot see much better then last time - this time it appears I am quiet short sighted!  However more importantly the cornea seems pretty stable and when I look through the lens I can see better then I ever could following the last transplant - and the vision could still be improving!  Hopefully in the next 2-4 weeks I will be able to be prescribed glasses which will be pretty much in the usual time frame for this sort of thing.

I don't have to go to Sydney to see Dr Maloof again for three months!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Thanks so much for posting this blog. I had my DALK operation just two days ago. I'm having a similar experience with regards to pain, soreness that you did. My doctor is Dr. Edward Holland here in the states. I empathize with you and I hope your new graft does better. I'm blogging my experiences as well. It starts on Wed Sept 22 in my LiveJournal. Click my link to read if you want.

Anonymous said...

Can you give us an update on the progess of your vision with your graft now?
Thanks