Thursday 29 January 2009

astigamtism 2.75

20 Jan
I went back to the surgeon. He had a look at my eye, measured my astigmatism (but didn't tell me the measurement). He told me that it was so small that if he tried to change it it he was just as likely to make it worse.

28 Jan
I went to the optometrist 2 days ago and was told that my astigmatism was now 2.75. 0.75 worse then 1.5 weeks after the alteration to my stitches. Apparently this could still change but with glasses shouldn't stop me getting very good vision. I am still not seeing very well - but the surface of my eye still has to heal, and apparently there are some other bits in the cornea that are still healing up too. Which makes sense - the eye is still a bit sore and I am having drugs (steroid drops) to settle it down. I am going to have to wait a bit longer before I get glasses prescribed.

I was told it could take three months from the operation before all the healing is complete - that will be first week of March.

I expect with my table tennis I can use better eye sight then most....so I do hope 2.75 isn't too much!

1 comment:

Ms57Classic said...

Hi. In 2001 I had a corneal transplant and have written about it in my blog. I've also created a social networking site for those who have had a corneal transplant or will be having one. If you are interested the link is:
http://cornealtransplantsupport.ning.com
Wishing you great sucess with your corneal transplant!